Carbon offsetting is a mechanism by which the impact of the emission of a ton of GHGs is neutralised through the implementation of an action elsewhere that will consume or reduce emissions by an equivalent ton of GHGs (learn more).
Benefits to Businesses
- Distinguish yourself from your competitors. Consumer awareness regarding GHG emissions continues to grow and the environmentally conscious customer differentiates between regular brands and brands that have reduced their carbon footprints.
- Improve productivity by driving down energy costs. Energy consumption is one of the largest sources of GHG emissions. Implementation of energy conservation projects reduces your carbon footprint and delivers cost reductions.
- Improve your corporate reputation and demonstrate social involvement in a global issue.
- Develop environmental GHG-friendly products and leverage market position to attract new customers that are seeking zero footprint alternatives.
- Improve employee moral, reduce turnover and improve employee performance.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ~Native American Proverb